Berthier its heroes and treasures
(min: 2 nights)
Use code EXPLORE and get an instant 25% discount*
Treat yourself to this lovely trip for two in the beautiful area of Berthier and discover its hidden treasures!
Booking for 2 person
2 nights / 3 days, or more
Take the Chemin du Roy heading toward Berthier. This is the oldest navigable route in North America, dotted with charming villages and old homes.
Make your way to the Musee d’art de Joliette. The Musee d’art de Joliette is the third largest museum in Quebec and features an impressive collection of over 8,500 local and international works of art.
Next, make your way to Berthierville where the team at the Days Inn Hotel Berthier awaits you in a renewed décor. Drop off your bags and enjoy 2 nights, making the most of the next few hours of free time.
After a tasty breakfast made from local produce, you’ll head over to the Gilles-Villeneuve Museum and learn about the life of our national hero. The museum covers the history of the Villeneuve family, touching on various spheres of motor sport.
Then you’ll head to the Berthier Islands. Numerous kilometres of cycling trails make it a great way to explore the area by bike. Meander through the islands in a sea kayak and discover a bird sanctuary! You can also explore the 40-km long Lac Saint-Pierre, officially designated a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO.
Set out on the scenic
roads, making your way to Saint-Gabriel-de-Brandon. Wine tasting at Saint-Gabriel Winery.
- Lodging at Days Inn Hotel Berthier 3***, in Berthierville
- From two nights in a Vintage room (1 or 2 beds)
- Breakfast boxes with local flavours
- Admission at Gilles-Villeneuve Museum in Berthierville
- Admission at Musee d'art de Joliette in Joliette
- Wine tasting (8 products) in engraved gift glasses you can keep at the Saint-Gabriel Wineny in Saint-Gabriel-de-Brandon
- Please allow a 24 hours delay for booking confirmation
- Applicable taxes to be added
Optional activities nearby
- Chemin du Roy along the Saint Lawrence River
- Cuthbert Chapel in Saint-Cuthbert
- Ferry service from Saint-Ignace-de-Loyola to Sorel-Tracy ($)